1. Begin reading your Bible this very day. The way to do a thing is to do it; and the way to read the Bible is actually to read it! It is not merely meaning, or wishing, or resolving, or intending, or thinking about it , which will advance you one step. You must positively read. There is no royal road in this matter, any more than in the matter of prayer.
This article, originally by J. C. Ryle, is an excellent and practical approach to reading the Bible.
Under The WaterPlease also have a look at my other blog, "Under The Water". Where I discuss the place of Baptist Churches in Australia.
Marsfield Community Church
- Having fun with #ClumsyNinja for iPad! Join me now for FREE! nmgam.es/cnitset 19 hours ago
- So much to commend & emulate in fighting for justice. RIP Madiba #Mandela. May you & your family know God's peace at this time. 2 days ago
- Premancy - not an endorsement, or a spelling mistake, just a funny video youtube.com/watch?v=LZIgiV… 5 days ago
Search this site
meanlittleboy2 on Don’t like your Church?… PAUL ARTHUR on How can Australian Churches he… Robert Apps on Don’t like your Church?… The Ugly “P… on I can’t wait to be … Albert on Don’t like your Church?…
- Adam Adoption Adoption & Family Adoption Myths Al Stewart Australia bible Charles Spurgeon Child children Christ Christian Christian Church Christianity Christmas church communion David Easter Epistle to the Philippians Evangelism faith Family forgiveness Foster care GCCC god Gospel Grace Church holy spirit Home IFB Isaiah Israel Jesus Jesus Christ John Piper justice Kogarah Lausanne leadership Local Church Mark Driscoll marriage men mercy Mike Bull ministry MKC09 NAAW National Adoption Awareness Week New Testament Old Testament orphan Orphans Parent parents pastor pastoring politics prayer preaching Psalm 119 Psalms reading Religion and Spirituality Sanctification scripture sermon Sin Spirituality Suffering Sydney Tim Keller worship
The ESV Bible